Banana Autocracy: Bread




‘The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread’
            <Mother Teresa>

I believe that it’s impossible to live without bread. Though, as for me it’s impossible to survive a day without sweets as well, therefore I thought I might combine these two things together. And I think I mentioned it before; I am going to share the wonderful recipe of banana bread. This simple bread recipe came from my favorite blogger Beata (probably my inspiration as well). Unfortunately, her posts are in Lithuanian and so are her cook books.  But going back to my recipe, it is slightly changed, since I like to interpret the recipes my way. Also, make sure you don’t “overdose” of bananas, because it might turn out to be baked bananas only. I caught myself enjoying this pie with a glass of milk, but it goes perfect with ice cream or whipped cream, try experimenting a little! 
 
BANANA BREAD
Ingredients:
·         125g unsalted butter;
·         200g sugar (Using brown sugar helps to improve the taste a lot);
·         2 medium eggs;
·         200g flour;
·         4-5 medium sized bananas;
·         A splash of lemon juice (makes bananas brighter after baking);
·         1,5 tsp. of baking soda;
·         2 tsp. of cinnamon;
·         0,5 tsp. cloves (But I didn’t use them, because I don’t like the taste it makes, however if you have a taste for that put it in).





Making: 

1.      Pre-heat the oven to 200oC;
2.      Melt the butter, however don’t let it over heat or start boiling, then take the bananas and mash them; 

3.      Let the butter chill, and while you are waiting take the eggs and mix them with the sugar; 

4.      Add the butter to the sugar and eggs mix and add the butter there and bananas;

5.      Then mix the flour, baking soda and cinnamon with cloves into separate bowl, and add all of that to the banana mix;

6.      Grease the pan with the butter or use baking paper on the bottom of the pan, so the pie won’t stick, pour the pie and put it to the oven! 

ENJOY THE PIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment