Cinamon Apple Love



So, few days ago I read an article about how the half of the food produced for West Europe, gets thrown away. I thought that almost every one of us has something in their cupboard which is about to expire and we are going to get rid of that stuff. So, why not using it? I remembered the apples in my cupboard (Yes! I hold my apples in the cupboard), which were there for like ‘ages’. And I decided to make some apple pie, though it is more like an apple sponge cake then a pie, and it is more traditional Lithuanian way of making apple cake, then a British one. Also, it can be made to the cupcakes or with different fruits (like berries, peaches etc.), however I don’t recommend adding bananas as they are going to make the cake really dry. Though, later this week I am going to share the banana bread recipe.

You can always turn your pie into a cupcake sized one!
APPLE PIE
             Ingredients:

·         175g of unsalted butter;
·         4 medium eggs;
·         1 cup of sugar;
·         1 tsp. of baking soda;
·         Pinch of salt (note: I am adding it in almost every pastry as it makes the tastes to flow together easier);
·         2,5 cup of flour;
·         4 apples (or other fruits);
·         Cinnamon (as much as you like);
·         Optional: A bottle of chocolate sauce.

            Making:
1.      Pre-heat the oven to 170oC;
2.      Cut the apples in little slices and add them to the fridge until you need them (freezing helps the fruit not to sink to the bottom then you add them);
3.      Melt the butter in the little pot on the little heat and chill it;
4.      Add the eggs, sugar, baking soda, salt and flour (if you think the dough is to thick, you can add some milk, because the dough has to be as the one for the cupcakes);
5.      Cover the pan with the butter or if you are going to make cupcakes put the cupcake cases to the pan, and pour the dough;
6.      Add the apple slices on the top and pour the cinnamon;
7.      Bake for 30 minutes and pour the sauce (if you have some) on the top, so it will soak in.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try these here's my latest apple recipe http://www.ultimatepancakes.com/2013/01/carmel-apple-upside-down-pancake-thinly.htm

    ReplyDelete